Senior Policy Advisor
Greyhound Racing NSW is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Policy Advisor to work in our Legal and Policy team. You will need to enjoy working in a high volume environment with stringent timeframes and conflicting priorities.
Based at our Rhodes office, you will undertake policy and/or research projects that contribute to industry reforms and the ongoing future of greyhound racing. The ongoing role engages key stakeholders, including industry groups and peak bodies, in various aspects of policy design and implementation, provides well-researched policy outputs to inform agency decision-making, and assists with implementation strategies to progress agreed policy positions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, review and evaluate key policy and/or research projects, in consultation with senior staff, which contribute to industry reforms in promoting welfare and sponsoring a sustainable future for the sport
- Undertake research with industry groups, peak body representatives and other key stakeholders to understand their needs and perspectives, and present this evidence to inform decision-making regarding priorities and policies; implement appropriate policy and research methodologies
- Monitor policy and research developments and undertake research into current and emerging issues; prepare well-researched briefings on policy and research matters; maintain a contemporary awareness of current welfare issues and community expectations
- Provide sound, well-researched advice to senior managers on policy and research matters to inform decision-making about the systemic issues affecting greyhound racing; provide information and advice on ministerial, parliamentary and government relations, hearings and proceedings
- Develop high quality, timely and effective research outputs, including submissions, briefs, reports, speaking points and presentations; produce related materials and/or internet content; assist with the implementation of strategies to progress agreed policy positions
- Provide high level support and secretariat services for the GRNSW Board including preparation of Board and committee meeting papers
- Collaborate with the role supervisor to prepare legal and policy proposals to amend the Greyhound Racing Act 2017 and GRNSW Racing Rules; assist with the drafting of new legislation and/or rules as required
We are looking for someone who has:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with a strong research background.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills including ability to draft policies, reports and/or correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, liaison and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including an ability to manage competing demands and priorities.
- Sound computer skills and an ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgement and flexibility.
- Government agency experience will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 20 October 2017
No Recruitment Agencies please