An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced veterinarian to join Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) as an Industry Veterinarian.
About the role
The primary purpose of this role is to provide veterinary services (regulatory) and expert advice in order to ensure that:
- greyhounds competing in greyhound racing in NSW are physically suitable to compete and are presented for racing free of prohibited substances in accordance with the GRNSW Greyhound Racing Rules; and
- the health and welfare of all racing greyhounds in NSW is protected.
The role requires extensive travel, primarily covering the Bathurst, Richmond and Wentworth Park Race Tracks. Full details of the role are included in the role description which can be downloaded at www.grnsw.com.au
The successful candidate for this role will:
- hold a degree in Veterinary Science, recognised for registration in NSW
- have a minimum of three years experience in practice
- have an interest in orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions
- have demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- possess good written and oral communication skills
- demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- have a class C Driver Licence.
While highly desirable, clinical and/or racetrack experience with greyhounds is not a pre-requisite for consideration for this role.
What we will offer you
In addition to the unique opportunity you will have to be part of the team reforming the greyhound racing industry in New South Wales, GRNSW is offering the following benefits and opportunities to the successful candidate:
- industry leading remuneration and benefits
- the opportunity to develop your skills and experience in a specialised field
- access to training, professional support and professional development
- an opportunity to contribute to animal health, welfare and research initiatives in the greyhound racing industry in New South Wales.
How to apply
Please submit a current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position with reference to the role description. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information contact Cecelia Huynh on 8767-0542.