Please note that for most GRNSW licence types there is a mandatory requirement that applicants must provide GRNSW with a certified copy of identification (i.e. passport or birth certificate) and a current certified passport photo.
It should also be noted that the majority of licence types require a National Criminal History Check. This can be applied for online at https://www.nationalcrimecheck.com.au/police-checks-individuals.
If you do not have access to the Internet, you must contact the NSW Criminal Records Department for further information on phone: (02) 8835 7888 or fax: (02) 8835 7193.
• Please take care when completing the questionnaire section on any of the licence application forms as this is a legal declaration.
• If you have received a motor vehicle offence (e.g. DUI or driving unlicensed) you MUST declare this. Not doing so is considered non-disclosure and you will be required to attend an interview at GRNSW before your application will be considered.
• All GRNSW licence types last for a period of two years and are renewed biennially (every two years) in June. The current licence period is 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2017.
• Once you have been granted a licence, if you fail to renew that licence within 12 months of it expiring, your licence will lapse and if you wish to again participate in greyhound racing in NSW you will be required to start the licence application process all over again as a new applicant.
• When completing any licence application forms, please double check all requirements have been met and all questions answered before you send in your application. All applications must be signed and accompanied by the applicable licence fee and supporting documents as outlined above.
• An Attendant licence allows you to handle, box, catch and generally assist a trainer at a track on race days. The minimum age for an Attendant licence is 15 years of age. However, at 15 years of age you can only work for a licensed family member and you must forward a written reference from your parent/s or guardian supporting your application.
• Applicants must provide proof of identification to GRNSW by supplying a certified copy of identification (i.e. passport or birth certificate) and a current certified passport photo with their application. Anyone aged 18 years and over who is applying for an Attendant licence, is required to provide a current National Criminal History Check at the time of their application.